Last Modified: 06/12/2015
Newborn Hearing Screening Training Curriculum—Streaming Video
Our new Newborn Screening Training Curriculum (NHSTC) is available on DVD! This two-disc set includes the Curriculum disc that can be played on a television with a standard DVD player and on a computer with DVD player software. The DVD can be played in two modes - automatic or step-by-step playback. The Thumbnail Menus make it easy to access the different sections of the material directly. Also included is a Resources CD that contains useful handouts, test questions and answers, frequently asked questions, and other related materials.
You can review the different sections of the NHSTC curriculum by clicking on the streaming video links below.
For full playback funtionality, and for the Resources Disc, order your NHSTC DVD set.
- Section 1 – Introduction to Newborn Hearing Screening
- Section 2 - Getting Ready to Screen
- Section 3 – Screening with Otoacoustic Emissions (OAEs)
- Section 4 – Screening with Automated Auditory Brainstem Response (A-ABR)
- Section 5 – Communicating with Parents and the Medical Providers
- Section 6 – Completing the Screening Process
- Section 7 – Screening Babies with Risk Indicators
- Section 8 – Outpatient Screening: Rescreening
- Download curriculum PowerPoint slides