Last Modified: 01/25/2016
Additional Early Intervention Materials and Websites and Presentations
- Listening Games for Littles: Easy to assemble, portable & motivating activities for school age children with cochlear implants.
- The Home-Team: Early Intervention Illustrated DVD (Also here): Shows how to establish trusting relationships between EI specialists and families of infants & toddlers with hearing loss.
- The Art & Science of Home Visits DVD: Explores the strategies & skills necessary to support parents' learning and the deaf or hard-of-hearing child's development during home visits.
- Ten Things Every Child Needs DVD: Video designed to show how parents can influence their child's early brain development and mental faculties
Resources for Learning Sign Language
- The Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center provides a list of materials for learning sign language as well as sign language books for young readers
Resources for Learning Cued Speech
- I Cue, U Cue: Institute for Disabilities Research and Training
- Discovering Cued Speech DVD Set: Cued Speech Discovery
The SKI-HI Curriculum provides the following lists of resources
- Learning How to Sign English [PDF]:
- From the SKI-HI Curriculum (S. Watkins, Ed., 2004), Signing English, Sim Com, Section, J. Fox-Goodrich, Writer, pages 1587-1588. Used with permission.
- Sample ASL Materials for Children [PDF]:
- From the SKI-HI Curriculum (S. Watkins, Ed., 2004), Bilingual-Bicultural (Bi-Bi) Section, S. Watkins, Principal Writer, pages 1750-1751. Used with permission.
- *Signing Fiesta:
- Sign language instruction DVD in Spanish
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention EHDI Program Educational Materials
- *Español: Programa de Detección Auditiva e Intervención Temprana
- Habilitation Outreach for Professionals Education (HOPE)
- My Baby's Hearing
- *Espanol: My Baby's Hearing
- Zero to Three—Key Topics, including: Brain Development, Child Care, Child Development, Early Language and Literacy, Play, Social and Emotional Development and more
Presentations: EHDI 2006 National Conference - Selected Early Intervention Presentations List
- The Listening Brain: Research to Practice
- Flexer, Carol
- The Genetics of Hearing Loss
- Rehm, H.
- The Legal Right to Communication and Language for Deaf Children
- Siegel, Lawrence and Katherine Jankowski
- Results of the National Consensus Conference on Intervention (3 presentations)
- Alberg, J. [PPT]
- Geers, A. [PPT]
- Marge, D. [PPT]
- Creating Partnership from Apples and Oranges [PPT]
- Benedict, B., B. Raimondo, M. Sass-Lehr
- The Role of Early Intervention Programs in Providing Family Support [PPT]
- Clark, K. and P. Pittman
- Bilingual-Bicultural Education – Success for Deaf Children? [PPT]
- Commerson, R. and U. Bouraoui
- Viewing Early Intervention from Both Sides of the Looking Glass: The Value of Involving D/HH and Hearing Professionals [PPT]
- Crace, J. and P. Pittman
- Building Language Foundations in American Sign Language and English [PPT]
- Cushner, D., J. Mitchner and D. Nussbaum
- Can You Explain My Child’s Audiological Report? [PPT]
- Ditty, K. and K. Clark
- Should EDHI Programs Be Concerned About Cytomegalovirus (CMV)? [PPT]
- Fowler, K.
- The Importance of Interagency Collaboration by Early Intervention Programs [PPT]
- Howell, R.
- Western States’ Early Intervention Outcomes Project [PPT]
- Kreimeyer, K., S. Anita, A. Stredler-Brown, and A. Sedey
- Evaluating Families’ Satisfaction with EHDI in Massachusetts [PPT]
- MacNeil J.
- Effective Transition from Early Intervention to Preschool [PPT]
- Maxon, A. and K. Clark
- Trainings in Early Intervention with Infants and Toddlers with Hearing Loss [PPT]
- Sager, N. and K. Rossi
- Expectations for Children with Cochlear Implants at Age One [PPT]
- Moog Brooks, B.
- Non-Broadcasting 101 How to Support Families Without Bias [PPT]
- Seaver, L. and K. Putz
- Red Flags for Developmental Delays in D/HH Children [PPT]
- Wiley, S. and M. Moeller
- Resources: A Strong Predictor of Impact for Families of Infants with Hearing Loss [PPT]
- Vohr, B., J. Jodoin-Krauzyk and R. Tucker