Meaningful, Measurable Suggestions for Enhancing Family Engagement in EHDI Programs: A Panel Discussion
- When: The webinar is Friday, September 2nd at 9:00 am PT, 10:00 am MT, 11:00 am CT, 12:00 noon ET.
- Where: Adobe Connect
- Introduction and Facilitator: Alyson Ward (NCHAM)
- Moderator: Janet DesGeorges (Hands & Voices)
- Panelists: State EHDI Team Participants:
- Colorado: Vicki Thomson (EHDI)/ Sara Kennedy (COHV chapter director)
- Louisiana: Terri Ibieta (EHDI)/ Jill Guidry (LA H&V)
- Wyoming: Bradley Bakken & Jacqueline Meinceke (EHDI)/Wendy Hewitt (WY H&V)
This interactive webinar will include a panel of three EHDI coordinators and their correlating parent leaders who will share their experience in effectively partnering. The information they share, will include aims, outcomes, and strategies they have been working on collaboratively. Specifically, the EHDI coordinator and parent teams will demonstrate how the incorporation of families lead to desirable outcomes in all aspects of EHDI: screening, follow up, diagnosis, early intervention, quality improvement, and parent to parent support. The goal of this webinar is for state EHDI teams to learn about innovative strategies to improve EHDI programs through the inclusion of parent engagement.
- View the Meaningful, Measurable Suggestions for Enhancing Family Engagement in EHDI Programs webinar recording.
Acknowledgement: The activities and materials described in this webinar were developed in part by the EHDI programs in Colorado, Louisiana, and Wyoming – all of whom receive funding (FOA HRSA-14-006) from the Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB) of the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) at the United States Department of Health and Human Services. The panel members are responsible for the views and content of the material and no endorsement by MCHB/HRSA is implied or expressed.